PROOFREADING RATES (NO AUDIO):
- STANDARD (2-3 days) ……………………. $0.40 per page
- RUSH (less than 2 days/48 hrs) ………. $0.50 per page
- EXPEDITE (less than 1 day/24 hrs) … $0.70 per page
- Expert Transcript …………………….. $0.10 per page
- Rough Transcript ……………………. + $0.10 per page
- LATE FEE …………………………… + 15% of total bill
GUIDELINES FOR SMOOTH SAILING:
- I read six and a half (6 1/2) days a week, being closed until 12 noon on Sunday mornings. There are NO special weekend or holiday rates. I am delighted to assist you!
- I prefer that you send your finished (not rough) transcript to me in .PDF format. There is a free PDF writer available (http://www.CutePDF.com) if you do not already have one. (Instructions for CutePDF can be found through this link.) I am able to receive and convert .txt (ASCII) and Word files; however, I will receive the best-formatted transcript if the conversion happens on your side.
- I return only the annotated pages to you with suggestions for correction clearly marked in red directly above the error. (A sample of my annotation style can be found here.)
- PLEASE DO NOT WAIT until your job is completely done to notify me of the work. This is especially important if the job is a “Rush” or “Expedite.” I can probably read your job, but being able to confirm this is good for both of us, and I can plan for it as necessary. If the job is more than 100 pages, I kindly request that you send the job in “chunks” so that, as you are working on one portion, I can work on another simultaneously. I love teamwork!
- I send invoices once a month at the end of each month. If you wish to receive billing on a twice-a-month basis, please contact me to discuss.
- FIRST-TIME CLIENTS: I will send your invoice to you directly after completing the first job, and payment will be due upon receipt. If you become a regular client, billing will convert to the regular monthly policy.
- I accept payment through PayPal or personal check. **I do not accept credit cards due to the high fees.
- While I bill per page, I do take time into consideration. I reserve the right to bill a higher rate for Exceptionally rough work that causes me to take a longer-than-average time to complete your job versus the average, carefully edited job.
* Good communication with court reporters is essential so that all jobs, large or small, are handled efficiently and effectively. THANK YOU!